USD 373 Mission
The mission of the Newton School Community is to prepare and empower our students
to be contributing participants in a changing world.
USD 373 District Belief Statements
We believe that:
- the educational needs of each student must be met.
- the needs of students must drive decision-making.
- education is an active partnership involving students, families, schools and community.
- motivation, opportunity and effort are critical to success.
- high expectations foster quality performance.
- the right to education conveys both privilege and responsibility.
USD 373 District Goals
- Student Learning: USD 373 will provide all staff with the resources necessary to assist all students in acquiring essential social and academic skills for success.
- Human Resources: USD 373 will recruit, support and retain quality personnel in every staff position in the school district.
- Technology Utilization: USD 373 will support appropriate technologies as both a means of managing data and expanding student learning.
- Funding: USD 373 will advocate for adequate and equitable school funding both within the school district and throughout the state of Kansas.
- Parent and Community Relationships: USD 373 will build positive parent and community relationships to increase educational opportunities for all students and promote vital economic development throughout the school district.
- Safety and Security: USD 373 will provide a safe and secure environment for students, staff members and visitors.
Approved by BOE 12-8-14